Do you have an innovative idea you are itching to share with your colleagues? A how-to process that works for you that you know could help others? Perhaps you’ve observed a new trend in your sector of prospect development that the community should be prepared for? This may be your moment.
Connections, Apra’s online publication, exists to provide a space for members across our community to help each other, test new concepts and share ideas for the good of the community and the strengthening of the profession. On behalf of the members of the Connections Editorial Advisory board, I am sending out a call to the community to say, “We want to publish your thought leadership!”
We want to hear from you if….
- you’ve completed a successful project or your team has made a recent contribution to your organization’s fundraising effectiveness;
- you’ve got a new concept you want to teach others through a how-to piece;
- you’ve made a presentation at any of Apra’s conferences or online programs and think it could be converted into a feature article;
- you’ve already published an article in your chapter newsletter that you feel has international application (as long as your local committee gives permission);
- you have found a great new resource that your colleagues should know about and would like to help create a review;
- you’re seeing a new trend emerge in prospect development, or that has implications for prospect development and you’re interested in writing it up.
…and we’ll help you turn your good ideas into articles!
The members of the Connections Editorial Advisory Committee are your fellow Apra members. They are actively looking for your ideas on these subjects (not accidentally, based on the domains of the Body of Knowledge and then some):
- Data Analytics
- Relationship Management
- Prospect Research
- Industry Trends
- Professional Development and Leadership
- Reviews (of top-notch professional resources, whether they be books, webinars, blogs, etc.)
For a copy of our editorial guidelines, visit the Connections “About” page. If you have an idea for an article or want to recommend yourself or someone else as a subject matter expert, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that briefly outlines why your topic is important and how it is relevant to Apra members. Please include details on the sources of your information (e.g., personal involvement, research, interviews), as well as your current position and professional background.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Chair, Connections Editorial Advisory Committee
Susan Faraone is a senior consultant at Aspen Leadership Group, as well as the editor of Connections. She has worked in higher education institutions for much of her 35-year career in a wide variety of roles, leading strategic and campaign planning, front-line fundraising teams, prospect development (research, analytics and prospect management), advancement operations, donor relations and stewardship.