As the Apra community navigates the evolving impact of COVID-19, Connections would like to provide just a few resources to help ground you in four areas: your career, your fundraisers, the Apra community and work-life balance.
Below are a few resources we’ve found helpful at this time.
Focusing on Your Career
- 4 Ways to Engage Major Donors During the COVID-19 Crisis, from The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Working Remotely – Tips & Tricks, Apra Twitter chat; follow the hashtag #aprachats on Twitter
- Researching During a Crisis, free webinar hosted by Stephanie Brouwer, data/research manager at Marian University and Apra Indiana vice president (download for the recording and PowerPoint slides)
Focusing on Fundraisers
- K-State, COVID-19 and Gift Officers Going Remote, Podcast from EverTrue
- Remote Relational Fundraising, white paper from Bentz Whaley Flessner and Associates (BWF)
- What You Can Do for Your Donors in the Time of Corona, by Lynne Wester on LinkedIn
Focusing on the Apra Community
- Join discussions on Apra’s forum, PRSPCT-L, to see how your fellow members are responding to COVID-19 and other issues.
- A number of Apra Chapters are coming together to share resources online. Get connected with your local chapter today.
- Get quick lessons from your fellow members on all things prospect development via Apra Bytes.
Focusing on a New Work-Life Balance
- How to Work From Home, If You’ve Never Done It Before, The New York Times
- Expert Work-From-Home Advice From the WFH Experts, Helen Brown
- 17 Ways to Feel Good at Home Right Now, Healthyish, from Bon Appétit
If you’d like to share ideas and resource, or contribute an article on how you and your teams are navigating this unprecedented time, please reach out to the Connections editor at email@example.com.