PD Group Discussions
Friday, August 2, 5:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Advocacy in Action
Room: Grand Sonoran E
Presented by: Rachael Dietrich Walker, Director Prospect Research and Reporting, Western Carolina University
- Salary Survey Discussion: gender pay gap, disparity from region to region and other findings
- Getting (or keeping) a seat at the table
- How do you advocate for yourself and prospect development within your own organization?
Room: Grand Sonoran G
Presented by: F Nicholas Sollog III, Founder & CEO, The Sollog Group
- What are your pie-in-the-sky "if only" projects?
- How do you find time to work on them and complete your day-to-day tasks?
- Tricks and tips from those who have been successful
Metrics for Prospect Development
Room: Grand Saguaro North
Presented by: Jessica Balsam, Senior Director, Prospect Development, University of Washington
- Do metrics have a place in measuring the performance of prospect development professionals?
- What is worth measuring and what isn't?
- Success stories and cautionary tales
Policies & Procedures
Room: Grand Saguaro South
Presented by: Steve Anthony Grimes Jr.
- How to write policies and procedures
- What works and what doesn't
- The most important things to cover in policy documents
Recruitment and Career
Room: Grand Sonoran F
Presented by: Kari Stokosa, Managing Director of Research & Prospect Management, Wisconsin Foundation & Alumni Association
- Identifying transferable skills
- New to the workforce vs. new to the field
- Nontraditional career paths